Press release submitted on behalf IUVA.
The International Ultraviolet Association (IUVA) is pleased to announce that Ted Mao, Chief Technology Officer, Evercloak, has assumed the role as President of the group for a two year term. Ernest (Chip) Blatchley, Purdue University, has been named President-Elect; and Jennifer Osgood, with CDM Smith, is now immediate past president–with each serving to help lead the IUVA Executive Operating Committee and Board. IUVA members elected a slate of officers and new board members at their biennial World Congress, held in September, 2023 in Dubai, UAE.
Additional Elected Executive Operating Committee Officers include:
- Richard Joshi, Evoqua, Secretary
- Gary Hunter, Black and Veatch, Treasurer
- Ron Hofmann, University of Toronto, co-VP Americas
- Oliver Lawal, AquiSense Technologies, co-VP Americas
- Kumiko Oguma, The University of Tokyo, VP Asia
- Hadas Mamane, Tel Aviv University, co-VP EMEA
- Ian Mayor-Smith, University of Brighton, co-VP EMEA
In addition, the IUVA elected a slate of new Board members, including:
- Dianne Poster, National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Curtis Donskey, Prof. of Medicine at Case Western Reserve
- Kate McPhaul, Univ. of Maryland Public Health Aerobiology Lab
- Ran Yin, The Hong Kong University of Science & Technology
- Hans Schleibinger, National Research Council Canada
- Ashish Mathur, UltraViolet Devices, Inc.
- Dan Spicer, Light Sources Inc.
- Hadas Mamane, Tel Aviv University
- John Maiyo, The University of Memphis
- Mengkai Li, Research Center for Eco-Environmental Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences
With rapid advancements in UV technology, IUVA volunteers have established over 10 working groups to help address how UV technology may help address public health and environmental concerns. Learn more at www.iuva.org.