Submitted on behalf of IUVA.
The International Ultraviolet Association (IUVA) honored innovation, accomplishments, volunteers, and the Jim Bolton Student Presentation Awards, at their 12th biennial World Congress, September 10-13 in Dubai, UAE.
At the event, honors were extended to:
- Lifetime Achievement: Karl Linden, Professor of Environmental Engineering at The University of Colorado Boulder
- Outstanding Volunteer: Nathan Moore, PhD Candidate, University of Toronto
- “Rising Star,” Young Professional’s Contributions: Ran Yin, from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- IUVA Outstanding Organizational Collaborator: The U.S. Department of Commerce’s National Institutes of Standards and Technology; Dr. Cameron Miller and Dr. Dianne Poster
- Most impactful UV Solutions Magazine Article: Aquisense Technologies, “SARS-CoV-2 Dose Response Research Update”
- Most impactful peer reviewed UV journal article published period 2021-present (tie): Lianfeng Zhang from the Research Institute of Tsinghua University in Shenzhen, “Measurement of the UV Output of an Underwater Monochromatic (254 nm) Low-Pressure-Mercury UV lamp”
- Most impactful peer reviewed UV journal article published period 2021-present (tie): Milad Raeiszadeh & Babek Adeli, Acuva Technologies, “A Critical Review on Ultraviolet Disinfection Systems against COVID-19 Outbreak: Applicability, Validation, and Safety Considerations”
- Outstanding Classic Paper, most influential, frequently referenced paper prior to 2021: Fluence (UV Dose) Required to Achieve Incremental Log Inactivation of Bacteria, Protozoa, Viruses and Alga
- Innovation- the most unique and/or game-changing commercial UV product: Michael Tiberi, Deep Light Photonics, Inc.
- Innovation- the most unique and/or game-changing commercial UV product: AquiSense in partnership with the Las Vegas Valley Water District
- Best UV engineering project of the year: UV/H2O2 AOP system installed at the Shuanglonghu Drinking Water Treatment Plant (DWTP) in Qingyun, Shandong Province
- Sustainability- the most sustainable UV innovation: Jérôme Le Corre, UV Boosting
In addition, IUVA presented the biennial “Jim Bolton Student Presentation Award.” Students honored at the event:
- Tianyi Chen, University of Toronto, “Breakpoint chlorine kinetics in RO permeate”
2nd place (tie):
- Yu Zhong, National University of Singapore, “Emerging micropollutants removal by ozone/BAC with UV/chloramine”
- Priya Dharwadkar, Cranfield University, “UV-LEDs in chlorine based AOPs”
You can see a complete list of winners at https://iuva.org/WC-2023-Achievement-Awards/
At the event the IUVA celebrated an exhibition, as well as nearly 100 presentations. The next IUVA event is the America’s Conference scheduled for May 20-22, 2024, Orlando, FL.
For more information, please visit: https://www.iuva.org.